Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No File Send option

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cam270

cam270

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:55 AM

In the Wordpad program. I have several computers that the Send option is not available under File. Could this be a set-up problem. Several computers are fine but others do not show this option. The registry has been checked and seems to be right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by cam270, 23 June 2005 - 10:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

What windows or applications is this being tried on... are we talking about just general "My Computer" windows explorer-type windows or specific applications? Also is there something specifically selected when the "Send" or "Send to" feature is being looked for?

#3 cam270

cam270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:07 AM

This is in wordpad. This is supposed to open an email and add as an attachment. This is actually more of an issue for a different software but noticed it wasn't in Wordpad either.

#4 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

My gut tells me that something may not be configured correctly on the email handling side for those computers/users who don't see the File - Send (to email) option. What is the email application in question and can you confirm whether those users with the problem have it otherwise working correctly and that the email application is the default email handler. Also, it is the same application as on those whose File - Send is working?

#5 cam270

cam270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

The Email is Lotus Notes. The Lotus Notes seems to be working fine. We have checked and it is set as the default email.

#6 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:36 AM

And Lotus Notes is the default email handler for those users for whom the File - Send DOES work as well?

Shot in the dark but are the File menus the same in all other ways except for the absence of the Send feature... is it there but 'grayed out' or just missing... is anything else missing, etc. And could it be that the menu is acting 'abbreviated'... this is designated by a couple of carats or arrows at the bottom of the visible menu and when this is highlighted the rest of the menu will display? Like I said, shot in the dark but...

#7 cam270

cam270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:45 AM

Yes, Lotus Notes is the default for the ones that work.

The option is missing. I am wondering if there was something missed during set-up. Everything seems to be the same for the ones that work and the ones that don't. Everything except the Send option is missing.

#8 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:45 PM

My Google-Fu was too weak. I can only suggest that perhaps you take it up wherever Lotus Notes is supported; they perhaps have a forum or tech support than can address your specific issue and may have heard of this before.

Last thing... you said it is like that in Wordpad... what about other applications? Is there anything that WILL do a File - Send to Lotus Notes for those users who it doesn't work for in Wordpad? Or is it universally not appearing/working for them.

#9 cam270

cam270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:56 PM

If it's not in Wordpad, then it is missing in the other programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users