Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system gone nuts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 claire3643

claire3643

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

my computer has decided for reasons unknown to me to louse allt he icons and information in the controll panel, help and system restore. i have absolubtly non idea how to correct this problem does anyone else?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:24 AM

what system are you running 98, ME or what? untill we know we wont be able to help you also what where you doing when you lose them.

Please leave more info and i will look again at this later
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 claire3643

claire3643
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:02 AM

i am running windows me. i noticed thay had gone after finally managing to get broadband then went to install a new printer and had problems so a friend told me to go into control panel and i realised that i could open it and it told me there were 36 objects but unable to see any of them. went to see if i could restore system and that was blank to and also help when i went to that. any ideas?

#4 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:10 PM

not another one running ME this seems a common problem with ME when you install broadband, there is another 2 ways you can see if you can get your icons back go to task bar right click on start and taskbar set up and check that icons are ticked, second way is go to display click on appearance, you will see a box marked advanced click into that scoll down untill you come to icons click again,then click on apply then ok.

This should bring your icons back.

Meanwhile will do some more research, either way keep me informed what the outcome is.

don

ALSO when in display check what your settings are if they have gone to 16 try and scroll to truecolours or 32 high colour.

Edited by thedon57, 23 June 2005 - 04:13 PM.

Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users