Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Caspersim

Caspersim

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

I am working on adding a second PC in the basement, there is a Siemens Gigaset SE567 router/modem running the wired and wireless internet upstairs. I can not run cables from that router to the second PC, and would rather not buy a wireless nic for the second PC.
So my thoughts....I have a second Siemens Gigaset SE567 router/modem and am looking at turning the it into a bridge. The only problem is it doesn't seem to work (just like trying to portforward a SE567). I have tried to follow some step-by-step instructions but they seem to take me to 'options' that I don't have.
I have logged onto the SE567 and browse around but can't seem to find what I need and the instructions that I was following, two different threads, seem to be for some other router or firmware. I tried to look for new firmware, not knowing if that will help or not, but the support for these router/modems kinds sucks.

Any help with this will be appreciated.
TIA
Caspersim
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse,
intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over
governments by controlling the money and its issuance."

~ 4th US President James Madison

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users