hello now please do these next.For the task manager....
This step involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes.
Go to Start » Run and type: regedit
On the left side, click to highlight My Computer
at the top.
Go up to File » Export
Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
Under "Filename" put RegBackup
Choose to save it to C:\
Click save and then go to File » Exit.
Or you can download and use ERUNT
which is an excellent free tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.
Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Scroll down to #275
and click "Lift Restrictions
- TM, Regedit and CMD" in the left column. Go to File, choose "Save page as
" All Files and save regtmcmdrestore.vbs
to your desktop. Double-click on that file to allow the script to run and reboot when done. Since the script modifies certain registry settings your anti-virus package may warn you about it. Ignore the warning and allow it to run. Now run SDFix:
Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix
". <- This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.
- Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
- When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
- If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
- Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
- Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.