Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Shuts Down By Itself

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim R

Tim R

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi,
I have Windows Vista Home Premium in the past view weeks it has been shutting down by it self i get no error message i can restart it and it seems to be fine for a while it doesn't do it every day but it has done it 4 or 5 times also i cannot get windows or Nero to format my DVDs so i can do a backup,I have run malwarebytes,Wise reg cleaner,Avast,and ccleaner on it but it seams to keep doing it.
Thanks for your help in this matter
Tim

Edited by garmanma, 06 May 2009 - 01:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

Welcome to BC

I removed your logs because this is the wrong forum to post them
Also I believe you should explore other possibilities be for posting such

By the way Mbam is terribly out-of-date and needs to be updated
BC does not recommend registry cleaners I have never heard of that one and not positive how to read it correctly

If it is just shutting off with no warning it sounds more like a power supply or a overheating problem

How old is the computer and what is the make and model?

Edited by garmanma, 06 May 2009 - 01:22 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Tim R

Tim R
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

it is a medion akoya bought it last aug in 2008 I use a cooling table for it so i'm not sure what is doing it.

Edited by Tim R, 06 May 2009 - 10:46 PM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:59 PM

The next time it does it, try looking in the Event Viewer for clues as to what's going on

Maybe give this crash analyzer a try. I haven't used it yet but I know a few others that have with some success
website
http://www.resplendence.com

Download
http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Sidestep

Sidestep

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

I know this may not be the solution, but before my motherboard DIED, My computer would always shut off and say "Shutting off for prevention of viruses or harmful items" So, it could be from that, but do that crash report, really.

Whitehat in training|Wannabe singer for LIFE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users