Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LIGHT BLUE STRIPE ON HP PAVILION 15.4 LCD SCREEN

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J@m13

J@m13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

-HP Pavilion DV6736nr. Running Windows Vista 32bit. No errors, crashes, etc with internal workings-

My LCD panel has a one inch in width light blue strip running veritically down my screen. Before becoming completely solid, I was able to :thumbsup: kindly :flowers: twist my screen to and fro to get the blue section to disappear, i can no longer do this. Whats up with this? A connection problem? Do I need to replace or repair?

Attached File  DSC_0001.JPG   295.48KB   18 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

I'm not an expert on laptop's, but I would say the screen is going bad. You can try to secure the connections just in case, but you'll probably need a new screen.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

What does the screen look like if you connect it to an external monitor? If it goes away then likely its as stated above the screen is either dying or you have a loose connection.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users