Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network traffic control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 milanpuvaca

milanpuvaca

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hello to all!!

I have one question which gives me a lot of trouble these days so I would like to share it with you :thumbsup:

There is a network which I must look for and it has a router (Zyxel P-660HW-D3) and 30 computers that are going on Internet over it.
From time to time I have problem with spyware/trojan or similar problem which I can detect over ISP bandwidth listing.
My question is; can I find some software which will be able to detect computers in network and "see" how much of bandwidth they are using (over IP, computer name or whatever...). Router doesn't have that kind of option so I must improvise. Offcourse my boss is not willing to pay for some pro solution so I must find some "lite" solution.

Any help will be great!!
Milan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

Wireshark will show all connections, packet details, protocols, everything. Don't know about loads.
http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

Do those 30 computers have desktop firewalls, antispyware, antivirus installed, updated, and running all the time and users are prevented from fiddling with the settings, and is IE setup tightly and also prevented from being changed by users? If the answer to any of this is 'no', the boss will pay more in the long run for data lost or stolen and for the need to fix broken computers all the time.

Edited by tos226, 05 May 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#3 milanpuvaca

milanpuvaca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:51 AM

Well, most of answers to your questions are yes...
Wireshark gives me a network traffic just for a local computer (or I am wrong?), what I need is to see traffic for all computers in workgroup...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users