Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I submit my files to be viewed for a virus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twald

twald

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

I am confused as to how to create a hijack this log for someone to view and tell me what is wrong with my computer?
I had the winpc defender virus and thought I had removed it. I still have issues with the blue screen of death popping up when I reboot. Then I get a message saying "the system has recovered from a serious error".
I am also having a problem with System Restore. I cannot create a restore point and keep getting the message "system restore is not able to create a restore point. please restart the computer and then run system restore again."
I would be grateful if someone could help me fix this.
Thanks!
Twald1957

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

Follow the instruction in this post as applicable.
Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis and other Malware Removal Tools, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

You are already receiving help from one of the best here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=808995

I would continue on in that thread before posting a log. Because once you post a log no changes should be made to your computer, otherwise the log becomes useless. And there is a considerable wait time for replies as we are quite backed up in the queue for our volunteer helpers. As is every other reputable HJT help forum.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users