Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No trusted remote connecting to my PC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

I have a problem, I have sometimes many IP's connected to my PC, this makes my navigation very slow and since I play online this obviously does not let me play because me ping will rise when this intruder is in my PC. What I really want to know is if there is a way for me to block this specific IP or port. They connect trough port 445 (Microsoft-ds). I've tried to block using a tool I downloaded that is supposed to block IP's trough "netstat" but now I'm doubting it really worked because when I look again I have the same IP connected to my PC, I also tried blocking port 445 with my AV but that did not seemed to work either. . I've tried scans and scans and my PC seems to not be the problem (reason I did not posted this in another section.

This is what I mean when I state someone is connecting to my PC...

Posted Image

So, is there a way for me to block a specific IP from accessing my PC?

I already talked to my ISP and they seemed very surprised and did not know the netstat command. I really do not think they will do anything about it...

I really don't care if I have to block one by one every IP that connects, I just want to know if this is possible.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

Do you not have a firewall installed?

I use a firewall and do not allow anyone to connect to my computer

Edited by Stang777, 04 May 2009 - 11:22 PM.

#3 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

Do you not have a firewall installed?

I use a firewall and do not allow anyone to connect to my computer

I use Nod32 smart security (with firewall included) and created a rule that blocked port 445, and I still have this problem.

#4 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

I had to format my PC yesterday because I ran "unhackme" and after deleting some entries it did not wanted to boot. I have a weird issue and I guess no one can help me here, but now I have NETBIOS-DGM trying to connect to 201.172.79.255. This is a pessonal PC within my ISP. I really do not understand why will this happen. I installed sygate and ntoskrnl.exe wants to connect to this same IP.

I really do not understand this. I have tried to talk to my ISP but they really do not know what I am talking about.

My guess is someone has my modem cloned, I told this to my ISP and they told me that can not happen, but if you go to "Mercadolibre.com" (sort of like an ebay but for latinamerica) cloned modems are feely sold there.

I do not think this is an asilated case, thats why I'm posting this here.

Please if someone has an idea let me know...

Thanks

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,862 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

FWIW: http://www.keyfocus.net/kfsensor/help/AdminGuide/adm_NBT.php

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users