Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Musada

Musada

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

I had bought a new case and installed the mother board and all. I turned the pc on, first i get a fan not running error, but all fans are indeed running, so i hit f2 to continue. After the bios and all it goes to this black screen with assorted letters and numbers....anyone know what the problem could be?

http://www.villagephotos.com/utils/image.aspx?u=2009-3\1336744\IMAGE_062.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

On the fan error, chech the fan on the CPU heatsink to make sure it is plugged in properly.

You didn't say what video card you have but
1. Check to see if it has a power connector & if so, is it connected to the power supply ?
2. make sure it is seated in the slot properly.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 Musada

Musada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:18 PM

Well, the cpu fan is properly plugged in, and it comes on but still get that error.
As for the graphics card....i believe its the geforce 7100.....i'm just using the same stuff from my hp....model is m7680n...and there are no connectors and it is securely seated onto the motherboard

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

OK, You need to add a rear case fan & plug it in to the3 motherboard.
If you still have the HP case take the rear fan out of it & put it in the new case.
If you don't have the case, or a fan, go into the BIOS & look for a Fan Warning" & disable it.

On the video card, unplug the unit
Remove the video card
Use a big eraser to clean the contacts
[make sure all eraser stuff is off of the contacts when you get done]
Reinstall the video card
Try it.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 Musada

Musada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

I dont the old case, and the new case has 3 running fans, didnt find the "fan warning" option in the bios.

and as for the graphics card.....the eraser didnt work, and neither did the compressed air.....is the graphics card bad. I'd just rather not go buy a new card and get the same problem. could this be anyone else, does anyone recognize this screen i'm getting when it tries to boot.

#6 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:37 AM

I have only had that video issue once before.
The video card wasn't bad
If I remember right I cleared the CMOS & it fixed the problem.

That may not fix yours but is worth a try.
Unplug the unit & open the case
Look for a jumper near the battery to clear the CMOS

If that doesn't fix it you either need a different vido card to try in it or try your video card in a different unit.

#7 Musada

Musada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:11 AM

Am i suppose to remove the jumper, or take it out and put it back in. And i remember my friend hitting it with a screwdriver and kinda bending the forks while the jumper was still on, but i bent them back in place, could that be a problem?

#8 Musada

Musada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:00 AM

i forgot to mention, the computer doesnt beep at all on start up for the self test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users