Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do Any Webcams Have External Mic Inputs?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

I'm looking to pick up a trio of webcams for my family as well as my parents and my wife's dad so we can Skype each other. This would be my first foray into webcams.

I'm wondering if there are any webcams out there that have mic inputs (3.5mm mini plug, not XLR) so I can plug in my Rode VideoMic and get better audio? Was eyeing the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 but I have read that the audio is crap.

Maybe there is nothing I can do and shouldn't worry about it. I'm not looking for HD Skypeing. Just a way to keep the grandparents in touch with oour son since they are so far away.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Jason

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users