Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixing a virus on a freinds computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:40 AM

Fixing a friends computer, got all traces and registry items...everything removed No more viruse, but the effects of it remain. What it did to make it garder to remove itself is it made the system32 file a operating system folder

(not a hidden file oir folder alreeady unhid all files and folders)

So i checked view operating system files,a nd system 32 appears all of a sudden right click it, hit properties read only was checked...i unchecked read only clicked okay and applky to all folders and subfolders. It brings up the message thats its unhiding it, it goes all the way. Itts done i click okay its still hidden so i uncheck read only agai, it starts a quater of the way done and does the same thing. I dont get it, im getting irritated any advice is appreciated

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:07 AM

nvm alls good in my neighborhood

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:15 AM

How To Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 TEB

TEB
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:39 AM

the system 32 file has no security tab on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users