Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

your my last hope O bee One

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevegreenstone

stevegreenstone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

Well this being my first time I have ever posted to this site I will try to follow the guide lines as best I can....
There is a horizontal box that says Windows Defender Warning it is blusish grey but there is a dark red banner that says

"Review Harmful or potentially unwanted software ...then it goes on to say ....Windows Defender detected programs that might comromise your privacy or daqmage your computer.
the name that is shown is Trojan:Win32/Fakeinit.......Severe

I keep getting this stupid flag message that pops up and it says in Big Blue Bold Lettering ....
Warning Security Report...Your computer is infected !! It will is recommended to start spyware cleaner tool.

I saw this the first time when I down loaded and ran the Firefox browser....there is a red circle with a white x in the center ...when I put my mouse curser hover on it all the other programs on the right hand side of the task bar all display their name except this one .....and then when I was running Firefox I kept getting this X something or another bogus program that appeared to be some sort of spy scanner cleaner but after I did some research I found that it is a joke that doesnt do anything but make up false reports.

When I uninstalled the Firefox the bloody ad ended up on my Internet browser ....I am running windows Vista home verson I cant seem to anylonger bring up the start menue so I cant tell you what verson.

I am running the Telus my internet provider) security program

Well I dont know what to do ...well as I said O B One you are my only hope can you help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

You would do well to follow these instructions....

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator". Click 'Do a System Scan and Save logfile'.
The HJT log will open in notepad.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in "HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

**** Please do not post your HJT log in this topic or forum.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users