Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:14 PM
Here are the extent of my problems, in the order they appeared:
1a. I discover I cannot view the Task Manager Running Processes Window.
1b. Firefox crashes repeatedly
2. Google search redirects to advertising page
3. Avira Antivir (Free Version) will not update. Scan detects no problems
4. Malwarebytese will not update. Scan detects no problems
5. Spyware S&D updates. Scan detects no problems.
6. I post HiJack this log to bleepingcomputer. Am instructed to run DDS and re-post.
7. DDS will not run. I uninstall Firefox
8. Windows Defender updates, scan detects no problems.
9. Ad-Aware Updates, scan detects 3 Trojans. Trojans removed.
10. Computer re-started.
11. Problems persist (Antivirus will not update, DDS will not run, Malwarebytes will not update)
12. I discover that regedit will not open.
Note: HiJack this will run, and I can post if necessary.