Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stinger Anti-virus error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Icekaged

Icekaged

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

Two days ago my computer screen went blue and informed me it was doing a memory dump if I did not restart my computer. After restarting I decided to run a couple of anti-virus/anti-malware programs.

The first trouble I received was when attempting to download Stinger Anti-virus from the Mcafee site. My internet which is normally fast (Cable 52mbps) kept timing out. Most other pages would work well. Attempting to download the program took even longer running around 2.3 kbps.

After running Avast Anti-virus, and Spybot I ran Stinger to see if it could find something. The program runs fine and all my files are clean until it comes to

Windows-system32 dllcache/drmv2clt.dll

Once it hits that file Stinger pauses and then an error message pops up saying that the stand-alone malware scanner Stinger has incurred an error and needs to close.

Besides Stinger not working on that file my other scans showed nothing. My normally fast internet is just about unusable. A page that took 1 second before to load up takes multiple minutes if it loads at all. I've also been experiencing system freezes that require a hard restart. Any help would be appreciative.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

FWIW: http://www.filename.info/f/drmv2clt.dll.html

I have this file at the location you pegged, among others (which I feel are legitimate.

My guess would be "false positive" from Stinger, especially if other checks did not alert on it.

I'm beginning to take these quick synopses of files (Prevx, etc.)...as possibly being outdated.

You might take a look at the memory dump, Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users