Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Presario SR1303WM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ezmerf

ezmerf

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

A couple of yrs back I came across this unit,it was so slow I never used it.It does have features that I like which is the front plugs.
I'm not much on this but here's some the stats.AMD Sempron™3000+ 2.00GHZ 192MB of Ram so if I could add memory would it help if so then what size would you suggest?Sorry if I didn't give you much info but it's not hooked up now and this was all I had wrote down.Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

Supposedly your computer will take 2 gigs
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...ario%20SR1303WM

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...ario%20SR1303WM

Here's the support page for your computer
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product...ng=en&cc=us
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

The motherboard specs shows it has a AGP slot.
In addition to more memory a AGP video card would be an improvement,

If it only has 256mb of memory & you go to 1GB or more you should see a pretty drastic improvement.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 ezmerf

ezmerf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the help.The crucial site was one I had been looking at.I'm on dial up so it may be a waste but I believe I'm gonna try it.Hope me luck on this.I'm also looking at some land to buy and I may be able to get my DSL back.Thanks again You folks are heaven sent.EZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users