Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot play warcraft dota

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 joe_49er

joe_49er

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

i have a problem while playing or when am about to play warcraft dota. sometimes when i start to play, the monitor goes black and no signal detected was displayed, or sometimes while i am playing. i have check all the resolution of my display and even set in the game, but to no avail. i haven't check with other games, but it runs well with application other than games.

i have gigabyte GA-EG43M-S2H motherboard with core2duo 2.8ghz, 2gbddr2ram, 320GB HDD, 450watt smps and monitor is Benq 900GW (16:9).

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

What are you using for video?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

Try updating your video card. Check accelerator for your card. To go here go to your display properties by right clicking on your desktop. Then go to settings ---> Advance. A new box will come out and then you go to troubleshoot.

Note: that you need at least 32 MB video card to play. . .I think. If not, then it could be your screen but I doubt it.

#4 joe_49er

joe_49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:20 PM

my motherboard is Intel's G43 chipset with integrated GMA X4500 graphic. i've already update the driver and the memory is set to 32 by default.

#5 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

You have a motherboard with a PCI-E X16 slot.
Get a video card !
Almost anything should beat 32MB of "onboard" video.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:53 AM

If your using integrated video this may be the cause of your problem. Try increasing the allocated video memory to 256mb in your bios and see if this helps.

Chad Mockensturm 

#7 joe_49er

joe_49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

Sneakycyber i have tried the troubleshoot and set hardware acceleration to different mode but did not solve.

I have tried allocating upto 256MB in the BIOS but not help.

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

:thumbsup: You meet the recommended requirements but just barely with the video card. What resolution are you running on your monitor?

Chad Mockensturm 

#9 joe_49er

joe_49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

my monitor support 16:9, but i set resolution to 1440x900 or 1280x1028.

But i have tried with different resolution, even match the window resoultion and the game resolution. i can play other games. Could it be due to virus/trojan. recently i have found several virus.

#10 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Could be the virus/malware is causing you problems. I would thoroughly scan the computer and go from there. I would run Super Anti Spyware, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Mcafee stinger, to start with . If you have any other virus software you can run those as well, make sure they are all up to date before scanning.

Chad Mockensturm 

#11 joe_49er

joe_49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:44 PM

i have tried several test with symantec, mcafee, avast, spybot S&D, malware bytes, Dr. Webb and several virus were found and cleaned. But the problem still persist. i have even reinstalled the game in case virus effect some files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users