Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the advantage of owning a Mac vs PC?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nikita

Nikita

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:00 PM

I am looking into getting a new computer and I've heard over the years that Macs are just much better overall then PC's. But the negative is that there are less software programs overall since you can only by the software specific to Macs? I've also heard that Macs don't have to deal with so many viruses and other problems like PCs. Is a MacIntosh a better investment then say a Dell or something similar? Do I have to know a lot about computers to feel confident in owning a Mac if I run into problems? I sure do like the products offered by Apple. I'm leaning more and more towards a Mac but I'm kind of afraid to try one.

Thankyou in advance for any thoughts or advice!

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alpine

alpine

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:57 AM

If your big on photos and editing go with the mac! Its basiclly about preffernce, and yes there way better with viruses because theres not as many viruses out there for macs.

#3 coolchris706

coolchris706

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

i think macs are also supposed to be easier and simpler to use than pcs. although there are less virsues out for macs there is also less software available for macs so if you want to be able to choose from a wide variety then pc is better. other than that go with mac

Edited by coolchris706, 24 June 2005 - 12:02 PM.

#4 Nikita

Nikita
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

Thankyou!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users