Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

removing DSS[Deckards System Scanner AKA Combofix]backup file

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DaveInADaze

DaveInADaze

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:19 AM

I'm pretty sure I can just delete DSS.exe on my desktop, but can I delete the huge[490MB]
backup folder and other files all in one folder named 'Deckard' on my HDD. There is no reason
to keep this, but I'm not sure if I can just delete it without causing something weird.

Any suggestions? Am I worrying needlessly?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

Please download OTCleanIt.exe and save to your Desktop.
  • Connect to the Internet and double-click on the file to launch the program.
  • Click on the green CleanUp! button.
  • If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTCleanIt attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • When it has finished, OTCleanIt will ask you to reboot so it can remove itself.
-- Note: Doing this will remove any specialized tools (including this one) downloaded and used. All other programs should be kept on your machine and used on a regular basis.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users