Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen freezes or computer resets when trying to save a game

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 millerok98

millerok98

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

This started happening about a month ago, but I'll be playing a pc game and I'll get to a point where I want to save my game, and I'll name my save or use a quicksave and click the save button and my computer will reset itself. It doesn't do this every time I save, maybe after I have saved a few times already. But it seems the more I try to play through out the day, the more frequent it becomes. It won't freeze or reset when I'm actually playing the game, just when I'm trying to save it. I have installed a new motherboard and processor, power supply, video card, and ram within the last 6 months or so. I know the video card is powerful enough to run the games. I know my power supply has more than enough voltage to run everything. And I never had this problem until about the last month or so. I'm just wondering what would cause that to happen.

Here are the games I am currently playing where it will crash upon saving:

Crysis
World in Conflict
Pandora Tomorrow
Company of Heroes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

What are your system specs? Do you have multiple hard drives?

I don't know about the other games, but crysis saved games go into the documents folder. Are you on an administrator account, or have permission to fully access the folders in your computer?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users