Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

e-sword bible software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stevebilliter

stevebilliter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

Hello! I have Windows 2002, service Pk. 3, XP Home. Software is e-sword 8.0.6. It has a study notes- topic notes feature. The topic notes is disabled and contains a lot of work I have posted into different topics that is "gone." I have clicked on the "restore default setting" within the help section, and used system restore to 10 days earlier with no success.

Upon opening e-sword, an error message appears that says, Error # 3197 "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the data at the same time." (no one has ever used my computer but me) Then another error dialog box appears that says, " Error opening study notes data base."

The study notes is active and works. When clicking the topic notes button, the topic notes are not active and all previous notes are not available. This problem is obviously way beyond my very limited computing skills. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Steve :thumbsup:

Edited by stevebilliter, 04 May 2009 - 11:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

Without understanding your program all that much, I can tell you what could have caused the corruption

A corrupt database is typically caused when the program was improperly shut down during the process of writing to disk during a database transaction. This usually occurs during a power loss or fluctuation, drive or network failure, system crash or any other abrupt system shutdown.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 stevebilliter

stevebilliter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:02 PM

Sorry, I though I was posing to a forum, I'll, try to be more careful, upon firther investigation, it seems to be computer/maintenance type problem, a friend will help me reformat the h-drive etc. soon. steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users