Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm new her! Why is my name, town and state being printed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tbichaz

tbichaz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

I'm new here!

First I would like to say I'm a TBI survivor and I'm a male and 42 years old :thumbsup: .
I was purchased an emachine computer with a Lexmark lasar printer,
Whenever I go to print something, be it a web site article or a personal document that was created using Microsoft Works Word Processor. Whatever is being printed my name appears at the VERY top and the city and state printed at the bottom.
I know little about computers so I'm trying to get an answer why this is being printed.
The only thing that I can come up with is MY NAME, CITY and STATE was somehow entered on this computer's Hard drive and is prints it because it's been entered by someone at the store before iyt was brought home and set up for me.

If there is someway that I can delete this info. being printed, PLESE tell me what to do EXACTLY!

Thank You!
Chaz-62

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:37 AM

That's very strange, it sounds like a 'Header and Footer' has been set up with that info and is in your normal.dot template. (If Works uses such a template, I know Word does).
Try doing a Find (or Search depending on your version of Windows) for normal.dot and rename any found to normal.old. Then test the printing again. If there is a problem you change the names back again.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:29 PM

I haven't used works in a long time but I remember in the setup for it there was a place to enter your name and address, etc.

Try clicking tools and see if that brings you to an options screen.

#4 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:06 AM

tbichaz: Welcome to BC!

Headers & footers would seem to be the culprit. Bring up either an existing Works document or start a new document in Works then go to View>Headers & Footers to see what is there...guessing it will show the name/address info being printed. You can amend it (or eliminate it) there. Please post back with your results.
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users