I've having a few problems that apparently may be related.
1) Vista Backup stops with Catastrophic error 0x8000FFFF.
2) A search on error 0x8000FFFF says that it may have something to do with Java.
3) Java's site says that I don't have Java installed.
4) Downloading Java ends with a Java error 25099, the zip file wont unzip properly?
5) Explorer closes down frequently and has to re-start.
6) Java is in the "Program files" but not registered in Control Panel un-install programs?
So, what does all this mean and what can I do about it?
How do I find out if I have Java working on my PC? Why wont the Java download unzip?
The only option I can see is to un-install Java from Program Files manually, do a Registry Repair and then start over with trying to install Java again.
I'll do this but I thought that someone may know something else about this that would be important to know.
So, does anyone know anything else about this and what to do?