Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD STOP ERROR 0x0000007e

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 donscomputers

donscomputers

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

Dell Dimension 5150 pc. Intel processor, 1gb ram, 320 SATA hard drive. Computer has been running fine for two years. Shut down last week, now when starts up goes to blue screen of death
Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC000005, 0x8061530A, 0xF79D9678, 0xF79D9374) No other info or error codes. just the usual, if this is the first time you have seen this error, restart your computer.....etc.
Computer will not boot to safe mode, last known good, safe mode with networking, tried multiple system restores from Recovery Console....no luck. Any ideas? Remember I cannot get into the safe mode, so I cannot run the event viewer.
Thanks in advance for helping

Edited by Pandy, 07 May 2010 - 01:36 PM.
Moved from Windows XP to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:36 AM

Microoft suggests: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

Louis

#3 donscomputers

donscomputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

This Microsoft article does not address my problem. There is no driver identified in the error message. Just general information. But thanks for trying.

#4 donscomputers

donscomputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

I pulled the HD out of the computer and hooked it up to another computer in an external usb box. Ran a full virus/spyware scan with VIPRE and found nothing. Ran Dell hardware diagnostics and all passed. I am stumped with this one.

#5 wiredmind

wiredmind

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

Just worked on clients computer with exact same symptoms. OS boot is terminated early with BSOD 0x0000007E , no additional info whatsoever. No minidumps to examine as I believe the exception is raised before necessary logging subsystems are started. I have thoroughly scan the system (using another computer) for various infection and especially Alureon rootkit. Malware scan returned more then two dozen infected files of which all were removed successfully, but BSOD wouldn't budge. I have restored a fresh copy of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot and tried to boot Safe to no avail.
Lastly I performed an in place repair. Process was successful, but before doing so make sure you do the following:
  • Backup Windows activation files
  • Gather device drivers and put the in the root of your HDD
Post repair I scaned the computer for rootkit presence using: Gmer, UnHackMe, Sophos AntiRootkit and scanned again for good'ol malware. Run Dial-a-fix, reset file system and registry permissions, applied operating system and third party app updates, cleaned out the system (http://addpcs.com/software - tempCleaner), defragged NTFS and done.
If not for vast amount of applications for which customer was unable to produce installation sources and or product keys I would have reinstalled the OS.

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hi,
please post this into a new topic so that we as members can help you indivigually in you own topic also it would get to confussing If we continue to help in this topic.
Thanks,
computerxpds :thumbup2:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

I think that Wiredmind is just posting experiences with similar situation...not asserting a "same issue" post :thumbup2:.

If otherwise, I will create a separate topic for Wired :).

Louis

#8 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hi donscomputers,

Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.

Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as long as we are handling this together as it might interfere with our fixes. Please let me know in your next reply if you agree with this.

Please update me about the current condition of your computer and we will take it from there.

#9 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:11 AM

This thread will now be closed due to lack of activity.

If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users