Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG wont Update, Can't run Regedit, DDS won't run

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnGIndy

JohnGIndy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

AVG won't update automatically, i was abble to update manually and then scan to find this:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Elaine\n";"Trojan horse PSW.Generic7.DGW";"Moved to Virus Vault"

Even after using Heal with AVG i still can't update AVG, run regedit, go to mcafee.com, etc. I also ran MalwareBytes and Spybot SD scans...they did not find anything. I followed all instructions to download DDS.SCR so i could post a HJT log, but when i execute the program after i click run on the open file security waning a black box flashes on the screen and then nothing happens. As far as i know no script blocking is running. What do i do next so i can post a log and get help with this?
--John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hello JohnGIndy,

I am moving this topic to the Am I Infected forum so we can address your question.

Since you were unable to run DDS, please try this:

Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
  • If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
  • Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
  • Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Please start a new topic and post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
  • Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Supertramp73

Supertramp73

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

Having same problems:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1259328

Will try this tmr and give in the above post feedback...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users