Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Separation of Church and State

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we take all religon aspects out of our school system and government establishments (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we take all religon aspects out of our school system and government establishments

1. Yes (9 votes [36.00%])

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

2. No (16 votes [64.00%])

Percentage of vote: 64.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 26 August 2004 - 01:44 PM

This is the fist poll I have ever done so hopefully I done it right.

With all the variance of answers in the Bush Vs. Kerry poll, I thought it would be interesting to see the diffrent comments and veiws towards religon in the school system (Pledge of Alligance and Pray) and the recent conflict over the Ten Commandments at diffrent government establishments and the In God We Trust questions.

Should we or Shouldn't we allow Pray and the Pledge of Allegence and references made to God in our school system.

Should we or Should't we allow God to remain on or money and in the Consitution and should we allow statues and other refrences to God in or government establishments.

Also, If you now of any of conflicts or situations regaurding religon in your area I would like to know.

Thanks
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:37 PM

Yes we should! Keep everything as it has been for over 200 years! As a matter of fact, I feel it is the Liberals that are ruining this Country. Civil Rights and Liberties are a wonderful thing. But do not take away mine in order to preserve yours.

Edited by scarlett, 26 August 2004 - 04:49 PM.

Posted Image

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:11 PM

Boy you get me on this one! GOD should be allowed in schools and that is final! For a nation without God shall surely perish! Heres one It on our money"IN GOD WE TRUST" So whats all this CRAP about taking him out of our pledge and prayer out of our schools! Kids now days grow up on junk like harry potter and grow up to kill people because we have taked everything out of the schools that mean anything! I dont want to offend anyone but GOD is our only hope for anything ever! We didnt win all those wars ourselves! Infact our country was founded on GOD! The pilgrims came here to worship in there own way with no restrictions! Its in our ammendment!

CGM3

#4 ~Ayeka~

~Ayeka~

Princess of Jurai

• Members
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:35 PM

Whether or not mere mortals allow God in school, He will be there regardless. I think there should be at least the Pledge of Allegiance.
As CGM3 said

Infact our country was founded on GOD!

It was not so long ago (10+ years) that we said the Pledge every morning (in elementary school only), and each day a different person would choose a patriotic song to follow. No one ever complained about how things were done. Just because some people question their own faith, it does not mean that everyone has to be ashamed or afraid that someone will find out about theirs.

I think this is a great poll Bulldog. I hope everyone who comes here votes, and keeps it clean and nonconfrontational. :thumbsup:

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:42 PM

I think it is pathetic where the whole take Under God out of our pledge! No offense anyone please! It is said 80% of americans believe in God!

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:10 AM

Excactly! Christianity and its values are the very foundation of this great country! I feel that the seperation of Church and State is a little fuzzy. After all we swear on the bible in our Countrys Courts of Law, our Presidents are sworn in the same way. Our Country was founded on basic religious principles. Christian symbols are ruled against but the Mennorah and the Islamic Flag are free to be displayed in the public school system of New York for instance. I do not mind. Im all for civil rights. But why should Christian symbols be seen as offensive? I just do not get it. To me those Religious symbols being displayed are not seperating Church and State. It should be one way or the other. Although Im more on the side of Nativity Scenes and Crosses being shown along w/ the rest. The Pledge of Alliegience once a staple of every schoolchild's day is offensive? Sit it out I say. Being a Christian I am just a little offended by Athesists too. But that is their right as Americans. As I have my beliefs also. And am proud of what I stand for. This is also a little interesting. ..... At U of California Irvine Muslim Students were allowed to wear sashes supporting the terroist group Hamas during recent graduation ceremonies...Pro-Hamas Display
Scary, huh? A huge example of the Liberal frame of mind taking control. My goodness what next?
This post has been edited by scarlett on Aug 2 2004, 01:39 PM

Edited by scarlett, 27 August 2004 - 07:15 AM.

Posted Image

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:45 AM

This was my next post "Mennorah and the Islamic Flag are free to be displayed in the public school system of New York for instance"!!! NO fair! My goodness what next?" The world ends.........We will all kill each other other petty diffrences....The war of armageden(didnt spell it right)

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:16 AM

Yes!!! ... They are protecting the rights of the minorities while taking the rights of the majorities away! Will we soon be outnumbered? In voice and choice. IMHO the Athestists who choose litigation to protect thier rights are just out for some easy money. A thinly, veiled ploy in my eyes. And the ACLU was founded on great principles. Though now the organization is becoming a runaway train.

Edited by scarlett, 27 August 2004 - 08:18 AM.

Posted Image

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:45 AM

Everybody is out for a little money(like the idiot who sued MD's for saying his burger didnt come with a warning sticker that he would get fat if he ate 5 a day!) Christianity is bigger than budism....and other religions here in america!
They now want to take prayer and christian music off of the airwaves (radio) and replace it with music with bad language and other stuff....

#10 ~Ayeka~

~Ayeka~

Princess of Jurai

• Members
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:26 PM

The messed up thing is if you were to bad mouth any other religion (Buddhism, Muslim, Judaism, etc) it would probably start some Holy War. But people bad mouth Christians everyday, and it really doesn't seem to bother most all that much.
Isn't it always the most prominent (in this case religion) that is always on the frontline of attack?

#11 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:15 PM

Ayeka yes! Reverse discrimination.... 'nuff said.
Posted Image

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:45 PM

Amen AYeka! Preach it! LOL

#13 ~Ayeka~

~Ayeka~