Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creative Webcam NX Drivers and Software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gamerzworld

gamerzworld

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

I bought a Creative Webcam NX 5 Months ago and I installed a new copy of Windows XP. I have lost the disk for the cam. I am trying to reinstall the cam but I dont have the Drivers or the Software that come with it. I went to Creative's Website and all they had was a Dirver update for it. I downloaded it but all it was is Drivers not the software. Anyone know where to get the software for it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:59 PM

how I got over the problem on my friends computer when he had to install his webcam with no disk was, made sure he had usb2 inserted the lead into the usb and let windows built and install its own drivers..

That was a year ago and to this day it is still working fine.

You can try that it might work with yours also before you do I WOULD RECOMMAND doing a systems restore.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:35 PM

I looked all over the place and I couldn't find a driver for that webcam. A generic driver might just do it, as thedon57 suggests. Either that or contact Creative. I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you a CD. :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users