Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

empty itunes?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Emi89

Emi89

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

for some reason my itunes was empty today when i opened it

my itunes music folder is empty so i cant use the suggested solution from apple

is there anything i can do other than re-importing everything? i spent a lot of time amending title/artist/album/genre and adding artwork so i'd rather not have to do that again if possible (as far as i know those changes arent made to the actual file so i'd have to redo it all)

would a system restore help at all?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:53 AM

I've heard that Itunes has a problem with randomly deleting libraries. Unfortunately, System Restore would only restore critical system files.
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#3 Emi89

Emi89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

i managed to get the songs back using a program called ipodrip which copies the songs back off your ipod into itunes

only thing i'm irritated about is that i relied on "date added" a lot for finding various things and now all that info is reset which is annoying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users