Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

eBay Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dodgers1970

dodgers1970

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

When I log-in to eBay, it tells me "Since you're an eBay customer and a Half.com customer, you need to Accept the Revised User Agreement. However, it doesn't send me anywhere where I can read an agreement, accept an agreement, or fill in a form, or check a box. Instead, it says "Click Continue" and when I do, I get an error screen.

Here's what I have done so far:

* Cleared Cache 100 times
* Tried different browsers
* Tried multiple computers
* EMailed eBay Support (Responded 3 weeks ago that'll they'll look into it, but no response since)
* Chatted with eBay Support (Horrible. They don't get what's going in. They ask "Do you need a new User Name?" Idiots)
* Searched eBay Support pages for "Accepting the User Agreement"
* Searched Half.com Support Pages for "Accepting the User Agreement"
* Emailed Half.com support
* Sent a joint email to Half.com, and eBay support

To no avail! It's an eBay site error. I cannot BID, SELL, OR DO ANYTHING on eBay. I CAN log in successfully, but once logged in, I am re-directed to a page to accept the revised user agreement. HERE'S EXACTLY WHAT I AM SEEING:

When I log in:

PAGE 1:

Welcome Half.com member. Please read important information below:

Because of the closer alignment between Half.com and eBay, you will need to review and accept the eBay User Agreement before continuing to use Half.com and eBay. Just click the Continue button and complete a couple of steps, and you'll be able to bid and buy on eBay and Half.com. <Continue>

PAGE 2: (when I click continue)

Input Error
There was an error in your input. Please go back and ensure that all fields are properly filled in.

AGAIN, there's nowhere to input ANYTHING

I work in high-tech. It's not a user error, but eBay doesn't get it mainly because their support is a horrible, underpaid support team from some other country.

Please help

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 03 May 2009 - 08:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arosshoffer

arosshoffer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

I have been having the exact same problem when logging into Ebay for 8 days now. I have been on the online chat support, phone support, emailed support, etc. and continue to get the "we are working diligently on a fix" response. I must say this is better than the first half of the week where ebay didn't seem to believe I was even having an issue and just told me to clear my cache, etc.

I would love to know if there is an end in sight for this! My ebay store is my primary source of income so this has been horrible.

#3 arosshoffer

arosshoffer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

One more thing, I am wandering if this could be triggered somehow by a lack of having a credit card on file. I was reading some posts on an ebay forum and that person said her credit card wasn't valid that she had on file and she was having this same error message. Mine is the same case, as mine were stolen this past month and I have cancelled them all, so when ebay tried to charge my card on file for the usual monthly fees, it didn't go through. The day it tried, was the same day I started getting the 'welcome half.com member' error message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users