Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DottieR

DottieR

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

I was trying to get rid of the need to log in.
Deleted one account (shouldn't have done that) and made a new one. Now I get in without log in but do not have access to my original settings and programs.

This problem may not be related. I installes updated bios from Dell which I probably didn't need. I think that is why I now get a Dell screen which covers up the boot up screen. I finally figured out to use F5 to get to startup, but the rest I can't do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

When you delete a user account, there are 2 options to choose from:

1) Keep files. Your account name will be deleted, it won't show up on the welcome screen, but all the files (My Music, My Pictures, etc) will still be on the computer.

2) Delete files, which obviously gets rid of all the files associated with the user name.

If you chose Delete files, they are gone and you are out of luck.

If you chose Keep files, you can find them by doing a search for the user name OR
right click on Start menu. Choose Explore All Users. You should see the old account name, if it's there
click on the name and you'll be taken to your files and folders. You can then move or copy them to the new account.

Instead of deleting the account you could have simply CHANGED your account and chosen the Remove your password option.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 May 2009 - 12:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users