Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello there

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luckysam28

Luckysam28

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

Hello all,
I just registered onto bleepingcomputer.com today, and I plan on writing for help sometime soon, so if you have any knowledge of helping fix rootkits ( i believe that is what my computer is infected with at the moment), please look for my post =]
You can address me by Steve if you wish, and I am currently in the Americas (Swine flu free! Haha)
I don't know what else i should introduce about myself, but i'm sure i'll post more eventually!

~Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hey there Steve, welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

I don't know what else i should introduce about myself, but i'm sure i'll post more eventually!

I noticed that you forgot to tell us your shoe size. Every introduction here at Bleeping Computer must be accompanied by the poster's shoe size. This is mandatory. Failure to comply will result in your shoes being stolen in the night by the Bleeping Computer Shoe Gnomes.

#3 spete

spete

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

There is a program called rootkit revealer. Put it in google search and you should come up with a free download site. Run it with nothing else running. When it has finished the scan, save the results to a text file. I'm just finding my way myself, so posting it should draw some advice. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users