Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power supply

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ctra11

ctra11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

Hello everyone ,
Sorry if this thread is on here somewhere but I couldn't find it . My power fan quit working and my computer got very hot . The night before it was fine . I have no idea when it quit working . I have a "ASUS A7V - 133" motherboard . with 1 Gig AMD processor. I had another power supply so I installed it and I got nothing . Is there a fuse or something i'm missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

are you sure the second power supply works ? you can test by jumping the green wire and the black wire beside it on motherboard connector and power it up. if that works then disconnect everything except motherboard, cpu, 1 stick of ram, vid card and keyboard. see if computer will now start (post). if not now it is a process of trying known working parts. e.g. try ram in different slots, try different cpu, motherboard , until you eliminate the part that has been burnt out. good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users