Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

potential security threat, with home network and housemates integrity

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 josephawood6

josephawood6

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

running Vista Home Premium,32 bit
Dell Inspiron 1525
wireless 1505 draft 802.11n,Wlanmini-card #2
Westell wireless router 192.168.1.1

About a month ago, I notice a new error message on start-up. It was listed in my event viewer, with other errors. But it coincides with the "inbound events" log that reads as follows: A computer at dslrouter has attempted an unsolicited connection to UDP port 64765. These events occur on start-up and while I'm using the internet. the only item that changes in the log listing is the UDP port numbers vary and seam random. the last 10 port numbers in the details section were uDP port 64765, 49607,52046,52836, 63901,54580, 62907, 54412, 57142, 61546. all that iformationis listed from my McAfee Security Center- under the internet & network heading, in the inbound events file.

the Similar error message in Vista's event viewer in the "event properties" window is Servicing has required reboot to complete the operation of setting package KB9632027 (security update) into Install Requested (Install Requested) state. event id is 4376. I have already tried to reinstall this update with successful as the status. I have several security related questions.

1) The network I'm on was created by my friend and there has been in the past, issues with desire to "secretly spy" on others for sexual gratification. Since it's his network and he's on it,; iShould I be concerned with my laptops security being compromised?
2) How would I protect my laptop in a wireless format, from being shared,hacked or obseved, by his compueter?
3) Why even after the proper installation of that update, would I still continue to get thaat same erro message?
4) Is there a users history log in Vista or a currently logged on user list, that I can verify computer activity?

The file sharing is set to, Not Share Files Public or Private. Is it possible the settings have been changed to allow access to my computer without it appearing so?

I know you may need more data than I provided at the begginning, and can reply with it. I just need some direction concerning it's location.

Thank You :thumbsup:
WOODSY0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users