Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DMI Pool Data

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cjsears

cjsears

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:53 PM

I was completing a drive format and installation of Windows XP. When I set the partition as active and re-booted, the boot sequences froze at "verifying DMI Pool Data". The partition I'm trying to boot from is located at the beginning of the drive, 8 megs from the start (according to partition magic). It is an NTFS Primary partition, set as active. There is also a Fat32 partition located on the last 5 gigs as a network share, misc storage. Does anyone know what DMI Pool data is and how to fix it? The NTFS partition in question is a result of merging 3 smaller Fat32 partitions, the c: was windows 2000 Pro SP4(the drive was primarily storage, we tried to use it to build another system). I've checked the disk for errors and it comes up good. Is this a BIOS issue? Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

Take at look at this link.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

Let us know what part of it fixed your problem.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users