Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE in Vista errors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tpm

tpm

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

Hello
I am trying to correct some errors in a friends laptop. It seems every time it boots up a message pops up stating not enough memory, host services and dell dock fail to start. I disabled dell dock through MSconfig but didn't help Sys restore is inaccessible because of this. I installed FF which seems to be working fine and I had to go through the control panel to access windows update. IE and Firefox windows update add on had errors trying to go to windows update stating memory issues. Another error popped up with...
ERROR loading C:\Windows\System32\iedkcs32.dll invalid access to memory location

Once I was able to get to Windows update through the control panel I upgraded to IE8 thinking it would help but no luck.
I ran Spybot which was clean, CCleaner which had quite a few of Mcafee leftovers. Computer now has Kaspersky 2009 for antivirus. I was unable to run housecall because it couldn't retrieve the needed files.

The dell computer has 3 gig memory running Vista Basic

Any help would be appreciated. I have my CD which is Vista Premium or do I need the original Basic Vista CD? If a repair needs to be made

Thanks for the anticipated help :huh:

Edit: Ps. When trying to put Logmein on the computer I get this
Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services

Edited by tpm, 02 May 2009 - 01:57 PM.

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •