Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers give off Echo sound. Help!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gus88

gus88

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

I was referred to this forum from: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic220249-30.html

Recently my speakers havent been giving off any sound. I went to Control Panel>Sounds and audio devices>Voice>Test Hardware and noticed the Playback volume was all the way down. After bringing it back up I got my sound back but now my speakers give off a echo with every sound. Like its being played in a hall or something. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by gus88, 02 May 2009 - 01:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

Sounds like a feedback problem with the microphone. Switch off the mic and see if that helps.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#3 gus88

gus88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

Muted mic (even though i dont have one) but still no change in the sound. Everything seems to be in place in Sound Effect Manager also.

#4 gus88

gus88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:36 AM

Anybody???????????

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

Well...I would try different speakers (temporarily), in an effort to determine if it's the sound card or the speakers themselves which pose the problem.

Louis

#6 ilikecake

ilikecake

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

Does your sound card have any software that came along with it? I've had users at work experience that problem when they decided they needed the sound manager software that went along with their cards. Inside the software options were choices for echo/reverb/sound like you're in a tunnel/anything which can were what was causing the issue you described.
Cake

#7 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

I agree with ilikecake

I am running a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi soundcard along with 7.1 surroundsound which has its own "Music Console" from which you can run many different sound capabilities.

One of these is called "EAX Effects"

Attached File  ScreenShot004__Small___WinCE_.bmp   140.68KB   13 downloads

I can change the music from having "No EAX effects" to music that sounds like its coming from an amphiatheater or jazzclub, or Opera Hall, or orchestra pit and so-on. But; when I enable one of these sounds at too high of a decibel level it sounds like I am listening to music whilst sitting in a 50 gallon steel drum.

Do have any software such as this?

Check your program list and also check add and remove programs to see.

let us know!

ranger72
So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users