Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Coldplay to give away album for free

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

Just learned in the news and found on their website:

Good morning. We're pleased to announce that Coldplay will be giving away a live CD, LeftRightLeftRightLeft, at every remaining live show in 2009 (apart from festival shows). Starting with the band's first North American tour date, at West Palm Beach in Florida on May 15th, every fan attending a show will be given a free copy of the nine-track CD, which won't be available elsewhere. Also on May 15th, LeftRightLeftRightLeft will be made available as a free download right here at Coldplay.com, for all fans (and for the same time period).

According to the band, the give-away is meant as a recession-busting mark of gratitude to everyone who's supported them: "Playing live is what we love. This album is a thank you to our fans the people who give us a reason to do it and make it happen."

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=388

This is not only a nice thing to their fans, but also a good PR thing. There have been other bands who did similar stuff and they have been laughed at, but I am sure that there are enough fans out there that will also go to the shops and buy their CD, just because of the music and the fact that they offered it for free.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

It is a good thing and I applaud it,

but at as much as $97.50 a ticket here in the Tampa Area,

giving out a couple of dollars (cost) CD is probably something most groups should do,

in my opinion.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

Been a fan of Coldplay since Parachutes so will be at their website on the 15th for sure.

Thanks for the info, Yo-Hi. :thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users