Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Privacy Center Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tray1990

Tray1990

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

Earlier today when I was on the computer it became unable for me to click on anything, I couldn't shut down, or use Clt Alt Dlt, so I turned off my power, when my lap top turned back on a privacy center scan appeared without my desktop showing up, it ran a scan for a minute and then about 20 error boxes appeared saying that I didn't have enough storage to process the information, this appears everytime I open up my laptop and I am unable to access anything accept, the only thing I can do is open up and internet page by clicking on one of the options in the privacy center, when I do exit out of all the error boxes their pictures remain on the screen and I am unable to see most things that are in the privacy center window

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Just an update, I entered windows safe mode and it did not open the privacy center so I was able to access my files, I got AVG to scan my computer and I also deleted all my cookies. When I went back to the regular window mode it opened the privacy center again, with no desktop or taskbar, bu this time it was able to complete the scan, it won't let me fix the problems it detects because my license has expired so I'm still not sure how to get out of it and get my desktop and taskbar back. By the way I forgot to mention that my laptop use windows xp, any help would be much appreciated

Edited by Tray1990, 02 May 2009 - 07:33 PM.

#3 Tray1990

Tray1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

I deleted the privacy center while in safe mode and it no longer pops up so I guess there's no longer a problem, if I have done something wrong please let me know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users