Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Velvet Assassin Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DEATH-2-COME

DEATH-2-COME

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

I just got the game that came out yesterday, called "Velvet Assassin." I checked the system requirements, and by what my friend said, (original owner of my computer) that my computer has the minimum requirements, and more. When I first started the game from STEAM, it did its usual first time installations, to update my computer with the necessary programs to run the game. But when I run it, it starts up as if it's going 5to play, but when the game goes black, there's a "bing!" then the game freezes. I ctrl+alt+delete out of the window to find a window which says...

Critical Error
.\dx9\DspEffectDX9.cpp
[128]
: error: Assertment failed!
Message: Failed to create dx effect: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\velvet
assassin\memory(261,17): error X3041: unsuported compiler target 'vs_2_b'
"

I just got this game, and I really want to play it........ :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

What are your system specs?

Have you updated your graphics drivers lately, or directx?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 DEATH-2-COME

DEATH-2-COME
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

Yea, it says that I have the latest version of Direct X. Yet, every time when I start up the game, it has the same error...

#4 DEATH-2-COME

DEATH-2-COME
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

Bump

Please help......

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

Ok but have you updated your graphics driver lately? Also, what are your system specs?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 rushpunk

rushpunk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:44 AM

i have got the same problem... i checked all my system specs and it's all ok....i'm getting crazy. cannot find a solution :thumbsup:

#7 rushpunk

rushpunk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:34 AM

hey guys!!! i found the solution on the web. You just need to install the PhysX for nvidia and the game will work.
Actually it's not such a great game...i played it for half an a hour...and it was a bit boring.
See ya!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users