Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't get rid of mcafee

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeffholman

jeffholman

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:07 PM

I terminated both Mcafee processes and then tried to uninstall it using the Add or Remove Programs option under the Control Panel. When I try to remove the McAfee.com Security Center, it says "Uninstall components could not be initialized"

And when I try to reomve McAfee.com VirusScan Online, it gives me the same message.

How can I rid myself of this horrible program forever.

-jeff holman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 coolchris706

coolchris706

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:23 PM

i had this problem once before on a different computer. try reinstalling the software onto your computer and then try uninstalling it again. maybe one of the components was damaged which might cause it to not be uninstalled. if that doesnt work try contacting McAfee about the problem. good luck

#3 jeffholman

jeffholman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:11 PM

I don't have the software to reinstall it. It came with Windows XP.

-jeff

#4 coolchris706

coolchris706

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:20 PM

ohhh alright then. well then i guess your best bet is to emial mcafee and tell them what your problem is and see if they can help. have you tried using an uninstaller.

heres a free one that might work Easy Uninstaller 1.5 build 61

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users