Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

aoe 3 wont run

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 smreddy

smreddy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

I had to reinstall my age o f the empires 3 game and now it keeps saying it cant find some dll files. I have tried reinstalling a few times but it doesn't help. I have tried going to microsoft but they don't seem to be able to help either. If anyone can help i would be forever greatful, I played this game all the time.

Edited by jgweed, 02 May 2009 - 10:05 AM.
added Topic Description. jgw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

If you tried making a shortcut on your desktop, you may have instead dragged the game executable file onto your desktop. Try running the game by clicking the game launcher from the folder it's installed in. If this works, to make an icon on your desktop, you'll need to right click the game's executable file from the game folder, and click send to, desktop (shortcut).
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 smreddy

smreddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:58 AM

Thank-you for the welcome. I have tried to open the game everyway possible. most awys it just doesnt run, but when I try from the executable on the disk it tells me it cant find either the binkw or the deformer file (some times 1 or sometimes the other but never both). Ive checked the game folder and theyre both there!

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

See if this article helps: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrorm.../binkw32dll.htm
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 whojoin11

whojoin11

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

I have tried to open the game everyway possible

#6 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Uninstall the game
Open My Computer
double click the C drive
look for a folder with the game files
Delete it if found
Double click Program files
look for a folder with the game files
Delete it if found
restart the unit
reinstall the game & try it.

[clean the disk before installing]
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#7 smreddy

smreddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, but i've tried it all and nothing seems to help! I dont think its in the game because every once in awhile it will run. Could it have something to do with the registry?

#8 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

From the link I sent ebfore, it seems there are some files missing from your registry required to play that game. If you follow the steps on there, they may help you.

#9 smreddy

smreddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

Nothing on that link seems to help. Sometimes when I do get the game to run it gets interupted and I get an error message (c:/Program Files/Commn Files/Paret Logic/UUS2/UUs.dll cant be found). I just press ok and go back to the game, it doesn't seem to effect it. Could this be part of my problem?

#10 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

Try this: http://whatdoesthiserrormean.com/errors/2353

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users