Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobile internet connection diagnostics!?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Phillx

Phillx

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

Humble apologies if this is the wrong forum.

For about the last 3 months my Vodafone Spain mobile connection has been dropping out more and more.

The details:

Windows XP Home SP3
Vodafone mobile light software
Huawei E220 modem

My connection is 3G+ unlimited access.

Avast AV
Malware Bytes
SUPER antiSpyware
SDFix

All indicate no infections.

My connection can stay up for 4 hours sometimes, but more normally it will disconnect after just a few minutes. The green tick indicates that the modem is still connected to the PC. Checking device manager shows the same. The connect lite software shows the same signal level. Hitting connect will remake the connection, and again it will stay up for a varying amount of time. Normally, the connection will start to slow down and then no bytes will show going up or down. Sometimes the software shows that it is disconnected by enabling the connect button, other times it still appears to be connected.

This is ok when I am just using email or web browsing, but I also control ATC on Vatsim, which causes havoc with on-line air traffic.

My contention is that it is a problem at Vodafone's end. Before I brush off my Spanish and contact them I wondered if there was any way I could prove that the disconnections were coming from their end?

Kind regards

Phill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users