Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti Virus and Spyware removal programs acting weird

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emodeus

emodeus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:12 PM

My computer has been acting strange for a while now, so today i formated my computer.

Upon restarting my computer after everything was re setup it was still running fine.
The problems start almost as soon as i plug my computer into my cable modem.

I some how managed to get ad-aware and norton 2005 installed with the most recent definitions, but now the programs terminate unexpectedly

Now i even have trouble accessing the internet to try and install windows service pack 2 and other security updates

My taskbar also locks up occasionally as well so i can not restart my computer properly anymore

Also pressing ctrl alt del no longer brings up my task manager window.

If any of these symptoms sound like any know worms or virus's any information would be of huge help
I have access to a second computer which doesnt seem to be affected on which i can download and burn any tools that may be required.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

Since you formatted you have nothing to lose.

Follow this guide to learn how to delet the partition and remove yourself of any worms or viruses that survived normal formatting.

format xp and delete partitions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users