Since you cannot use the Internet, manually download the definition updates
from another computer, save them to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD and transfer to the infected machine. Then just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install the update. If you cannot transfer or install from the infected machine, try installing the file directly from the flash drive to your machine.
Mbam-rules.exe is not
updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions is to install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program, update through MBAM's interface, copy the definitions (rules.ref
) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system.
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows
to show it. Then perform a new Quick Scan
in normal mode and make sure you reboot afterwards. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.
,may take a long time to scan
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
- In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
- Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
- Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
- Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
- Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
- Click Close to exit the program.