Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with graphics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zepp

Zepp

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:21 AM

Hi..I hav this peculiar problem.
Whenever I play some big games like fifa 08,09,godfather etc. i find that for sometime the graphics works fine for some period of time then shows a considerable lag ( coming frame by frame) for sometime..then comes normally again for sometime then again lags for sometime..this repeats again and again..
by sometime i mean say about half a minute.
i hav a geforce 8600 gt graphics card..amd athon 64x2 5200+ processor.
i dint hav this problem a few months back..only recently im experiencing this.
can anybody help me with this problem as im unable to find the source of the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

I had a similar problem awhile back with my ATI 3870 x2. are you running vista, because I think its a vista issue, when I reformatted my hard drive the problem went away. Thats all I can tell ya :thumbsup:

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

It's probably a program running in the background. You may want to check and see if your anti-virus is auto-updating while you're gaming. The next time you're about to play a game, open task manager and go under the performance tab. After you encounter this problem again while gaming, see if the cpu graph in task manager has a big spike in usage.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Zepp

Zepp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:21 AM

m not using vista..im using windows xp only..and even if anti virus is updating why does this thing occur periodically..
half the time it is running normally and half the time it is slow..

#5 Zepp

Zepp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

im still unable to resolve this issue though my gut feeling says its due to over heating..how wil i resolve this heating issue?
is it due to the psu which i hav a 400W one or a problem in my heat sink? my fans r working supposedly fine..

im still unable to resolve this issue though my gut feeling says its due to over heating..how wil i resolve this heating issue?
is it due to the psu which i hav a 400W one or a problem in my heat sink? my fans r working supposedly fine..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users