Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32 falder and bv autorun vrus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eddymoss21

eddymoss21

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:48 AM

hello. i have another pc that is win xp and was fulled by a fake codec download called " quicky plaeyr" i was going to download some malware removers onto my portable harddrive but i was wondering if i am at risk when i plug it into the infected pc? thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:43 AM

Yes, I believe it would be possible for your external harddrive, or any other kind of drive, to become infected when you plug it into an infected computer especially if the autorun feature is on. If you cannot download them directly to your infected computer, I would try to download them onto another computer and then burn the programs onto a cd and install them onto your infected computer from the cd.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:42 AM

I guess that I don't understand the question.

If you have two computers...and one has a hard drive that is infected...it seems to me that the easy, smart thing to do is to remove the infected hard drive...attach it to the other system (which, hopefully, has adequate AV and other protective programs) and run scans to remove the malware from the insfected hard drive.

After this has been accomplished and the infected drive is free of malware...return it to normal use.

Louis

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:48 AM

Louis, that might be the easy thing for you to do, but it sounds about as easy as doing brain surgery to me, lol

Edited by Stang777, 02 May 2009 - 06:49 AM.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

Right church wrong pew! Start by going here you are in the wrong place: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#6 eddymoss21

eddymoss21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

thanks for the info. i think i will just use my mp3 player flash drive thingy instead of the portable hd. do you suppose that the malware software will fix it? avast keeps finding the virus and deleting it but still no web browsers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users