Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After Repairing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mooly

mooly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:37 PM

After repairing my computer from a display message that says "Windows could not start because the following file is missing
WINDOWS\System32\System" or something like that, i went through repairing it from a website. Then after, it had no sound even when speakers were plugged in, the LAN connection doesnt work and will not let me work it, the windows move slowly. I think I have to install some kind of drivers, can anyone help??????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:33 PM

What exactly did you "repair" and what website did you use to do it?

Were you experiencing any other problems before the failure to boot?

Edited by Enthusiast, 22 June 2005 - 02:34 PM.

#3 mooly

mooly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

No problems, it's happened before, and each time some guy did something to make it work from its state which it is at now. I need to know how to do this. I used the Windows XP Pro CD to repair it. I still have all my files, but no drivers are working!!!!!

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

Go to your device manager and see if it shows problems with the various devices which have drivers.

Start/settings/control panel/system/hardware/device manager

You can also update drivers using this function by double clicking on the device and then clicking on the driver tab or you can use the troubleshooter wizzard is a device shows not to be functioning.

When you said you used the Win XP Pro cd to repair it do you mean using the cd to install Windows XP over itself?

Edited by Enthusiast, 22 June 2005 - 08:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users