Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore Deleted Files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bgorrah

bgorrah

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:08 PM

I am a Beginner so I do not fully understand how this works but it was sent to me today and it sounded so good I thought I would share it with you people who have helped me so much in the past.

I always thought that once you delete something it was gone for good but not so according to this site.

It restores deleted files from the Recycle Bin. It stands alone & does not require installation.

I am hoping that you more knowledgeable people tell me that this might really work. Here is the link:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.htm

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

Well when you delete a file from the recycle bin, its not truly lost. You cant just delete a file, so what windows does is it marks it as space that can be overwritten and what your told is you have 45 gigs free, but what it really means. Is you have 45 gigs of othr stuff that is ready to be overwritten

Thats how sometimes police detectives can identify lost data on which a computer was used to commit the crime.

I wouldnt reccomend that program though, http://www.winrecovery.com/undelete/?rid=google&kid=wu0401

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users