Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:19 PM
I removed Vundo from a friend's laptop. Before removal I could use my DSL to access Internet. After removal I could for about a day.
I ran Avast, Ad-Aware, and Malwarebyte's (which was recommended by my firewall program Comodo administrators). About two days after that I was running a final check.
My friend uses WiFi, so I tried to connect to a local WiFi with the closest user: MH37253, listed as "unsecured conputer-to-computer network - on demand". I have several banks downtown with WiFi, and no of no one that would have a bogus setup.
It kept trying to connect for several minutes with no success. Now I cannot even connect with my DSL which worked before.
Her laptop is a Toshiba Satellite. Using Atheros AT5005G card.