Let's remove that now. It won't be a proper removal like that Add/Remove programs would do, but it should work.Install ERUNT
This tool will create a complete backup of your registry. After every reboot, a new backup is created to ensure we have a safety net after each step. Do not delete these backups until we are finished.Do not use the NTREGOPT that comes with the installation package.
- Please download erunt-setup.exe to your desktop.
- Double click erunt-setup.exe. If you are using Windows Vista, right click the icon and select "Run As Administrator." Follow the prompts and allow ERUNT to be installed with the settings at default. If you do not want a Desktop icon, feel free to uncheck that. When asked if you want to create an ERUNT entry in the startup folder, answer Yes only if you are using Windows XP. You can delete the installation file after use.
- Erunt will open when the installation is finished. Check all items to be backed up in the default location and click OK.
You can find a complete guide to using the program here:http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt
When we are finished, you may, remove ERUNT using Add/Remove Programs
.Download and Run OTMoveIT
- Please download OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer to your desktop. If you have already used the program, there is no need to download a new one.
- Double-click OTMoveIt3.exe to run it. If you are running on Vista, right click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
- Copy the lines in the codebox below. Do not copy the word "code".
C:\Program Files\Ares Vista\
- Return to OTMoveIt3, right click in the Paste List Of Files/Patterns To Move window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
- Close all open windows expect OTMoveIt.
- Click the button.
- Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
- Close OTMoveIt3.
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately, you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes
. In this case, after the reboot, open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log
and press the Enter key. Navigate to the C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles
folder, and open the newest ".log" file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.
Tell me how it goes.